Wednesday 21 May 2014

Work in progress for this week


My Happy Go Lucky Stars


I got hold of some Bella Solid and... finally able to finish piecing Happy Go Lucky Star quilt. I just love this fabric line, so happy and cute. It is all now pinned and I'm thinking how to FMQ?

I had a bit of a problem attaching the sawtooth borders. I forgot that I was piecing the stars on my old Pfaff and after I bought more of the background fabric to continue, I started piecing sawtooth borders on my new Bernina. I just thought they are all 1/4" foot.... wrong! So I had to do a bit of reverse-sewing and piecing them back together.. voila... I love the sawtooth borders :)

And these are left-overs from the border HSTs... they just look so delicious!
I'm gonna make some more of them :)

Annabelle's quilt

This one is for my daughter, Annabelle. Fabric line is Wrens & Friends by Gina Martin for Moda picked by Annabelle.

It turned out quite big!!



Putting the final borders on, then off to find some backing :))








6 comments:

  1. LOVE your Happy Go Lucky Star quilt!! That's such a great fabric collection and it really shines in your quilt. And Annabelle's quilt is going to be SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment, Georgi. I'm in love with that fabric line at the moment :P

      Delete
  2. That happy go lucky quilt is a stunner. The placement of the fabrics in the stars is great and that border is the best, so charming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeifner. Yeah, I really love the border and I'm so glad that I didn't give up on it :I

      Delete
  3. They look great!

    ReplyDelete