Friday 13 December 2013

Finished Quilts



My On a Whim quilt is done. Not too happy with my FMQ skill on this one. I think I picked the wrong pattern for the quilt?? It did cross my mind to reverse-sew the stitching after going through 2 bobbins. But my little one looked at it and she said 'it looks good Mum' plus amount of sewing cotton it takes on 750QE Bernina bobbins (if you know what I mean :P) so decided to carry on with the FMQ.


So here it is, close up.




Love this backing fabric.

Scrappy Briar Rose


Now, I LOVVE this one. Love the scrappiness and very pleased with FMQ. It's not perfect, lots of room for improvement but turns out pretty good.



I found this pattern on Englandstreet Blog. The pattern is free, click here.


Flower petals are a bit wonky :P 




Quilting stands out more on the back. 
Linking up with finish it up Friday
Happy stitch/quilt/knit :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! This is lovely. I tried to reply to your comment on my blog but you are 'no reply'.
    Just add an e-mail address to your blogger account and click on show e-mail. This allows people to reply : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carla. Took me a while to do it but I did it, yay!! I'm still new to this and trying to get my way around :)

      Delete