Tuesday 17 September 2013

Vintage Inspired Stitcheries




Started some stitcheries a few days ago, they are fun and therapeutic. I love picking out colours even though I'm not good with putting colours together :P


I use quilters' cotton, cut up 5 1/2" squares. Fold the squares in half both ways then trace the designs on a light-box using ArtLine pen fine tip (0.4). It does wash off! I use iron on cotton light-weight on the back of stitchery so you won't see the running of the thread from front. Using two strands of DMC stranded cotton and embroidery needle size 8, I use some back-stitch and stem-stitch for these stitcheries.


When finish stitching them trim it down to 5" squares. To cut the borders: two strips of 2 1/2" x 5" (for sides) and two strips of 2 1/2" x 9" (for top & bottom).




I did a bit of stippling on the borders.
There are more stitcheries to come :)













No comments:

Post a Comment